You May Become a Member of New Hope
It is the responsibility of the Session (the local assembly of Elders) to examine and receive new members. At New Hope all who are interested in membership are invited to enroll in an orientation class
with the Pastors to consider the privileges and responsibilities of membership in our congregation.
By Profession of Faith
We welcome into our fellowship all who, upon coming to faith in Christ, are willing to be baptized and, through the following declarations and promises, enter into a solemn covenant with God and His Church:
- Do you acknowledge yourself to be a sinner in the sight of God, justly deserving His displeasure, and without hope save in His sovereign mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered in the Gospel?
- Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becometh a follower of Christ?
- Do you promise to support the Church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
- Do you submit yourself to the government and discipline of the Church, and promise to study its purity and peace?
Or by Letter of Dismissal
We also welcome into our fellowship those believers who are in good and regular standing in any evangelical church and who come to us by a letter of dismissal. All who unite with New Hope by letter of dismissal are asked to give a testimony of their Christian experience before the Session and, if from a non-PCA congregation, to express their affirmation of the membership covenant of the Presbyterian Church in America.
Or by Reaffirmation of Faith
Those believers who cannot secure a letter of dismissal (some denominations do not grant letters of dismissal), or who have been inactive and in repentance wish to rededicate themselves to the Lord, are welcomed into our fellowship upon a reaffirmation of their faith in Christ before the Session and an affirmation of the membership covenant of the Presbyterian Church in America.